Saturday 1 October 2022

FEATURE: My Top Five Diamond Bezel TAG Heuer Watches

 
CAR5A1X.BA0510 'Yoshida' Limited Edition (2017)

Supposedly 'diamonds' are a girl's best friend, but guys can wear diamonds too - it's just that not too many of us want to. I certainly would, but it's hard to wrap your head around paying £4500 for a watch that might otherwise cost £2800 just because it has a shiny bezel. Still, sooner or later I would like to add one diamond bezel watch to my collection, could it be one of these?

#5. WBC1394.BH0745 Link 'Bella Hadid' Limited Edition

Well, clearly not this one since this is most definitely a ladies watch at 32mm in diameter and far more suited to my wife's tiny wrist. This one is fully finished in a matt ceramic which serves to accentuate the diamond bezel and gorgeous black mother of pearl dial. This one is also available in a slightly less expensive 'non-limited' version (WBC1391) which substitutes gold hands and indices for the diamond hour markers found here. Having seen both I think this one is definitely the nicer of the two. As with all the modern Links though, I wish that crown was just a little less 'pointy'...

ON THE WRIST POST:



#4. WJF2114.BA0570 Link 'Tiger Woods' Limited Edition

This smart looking 'Tiger Woods' Limited Edition Link was available with or without the sparkly bezel, with the 64  diamonds (VVS-1F/0.91 carat) version made in a run of just 350 pieces. This is the only watch in the list that I don't have first hand experience of, but if the photographs are to be believed then this one is quite a looker. The dial is particularly cool, especially if you are a Tiger Woods fan, but as I said in my review below at £9000 this is a bit too steep for this non-golfer!

SPOTLIGHT ON:
http://tagheuerenthusiast.blogspot.com/2022/07/spotlight-on-tag-heuer-link-automatic.html



#3. WAV511E.BA0900 Grand Carrera Calibre 6

Way back in 2018 I tried on my first diamond bezel watch at TAG Heuer's Bicester Village outlet store; it was a 42.5mm WAY5115 Calibre 8 GMT with a brown dial and it convinced me I should buy a WAV5111 black dial GMT which I later sold because it was too big. Recently I purchased a limited edition blue dial WAV511J Calibre 6 in the smaller 40.5mm diameter (which wears more like a 42mm) and for this reason I have chosen this smaller, brown dial, diamond bezel GC. I really like this one, but couldn't place it higher because I'd still choose the WAV511J every time.

ON THE WRIST POST:



#2. WAY1395.BH0716 Aquaracer Quartz Watch

Another watch I got to try on at Bicester Village... well, I say try on, I couldn't actually get it over my hand because the ceramic bracelet was too small. But then it is a 35mm ladies watch so what did I really expect? As I said back then, if this was available in any size between 39 and 41mm it would have been a slam dunk for me, but sadly TAG Heuer didn't listen to my request and so this one falls at the last hurdle. It is a grossly overused word in the watch world, but this one is genuinely stunning in person. 

SPOTLIGHT ON POST:



#1. WBC2113.BA0603 Link Calibre 5 Watch

And so we come to our winner today, and yet another watch that I got to try on at TAG Heuer's Bicester Village store. It's hard to beat this combination of blue dial, diamond bezel and sexy Link bracelet... my only real reservation is the clumsy integration of the bracelet into the case - it just feels far too wide and chunky. But, unlike the otherwise perfect WAY1395, this one I could actually wear so it comes out just on top. For the truly extrovert it's also available in a fully iced out version with every link splattered with diamonds. I kinda like that one too, but it's about £17,000 which is kinda outrageous for a three handed Calibre 5 - at that price I'd be wearing a Chopard Alpine Eagle and a carbon Carrera!

ON THE WRIST POST:
http://tagheuerenthusiast.blogspot.com/2021/05/on-wrist-tag-heuer-link-calibre-5.html

No comments:

Post a Comment