Friday 2 August 2024

FEATURE: My Top Ten Aquaracers by Mrs Aquagraph


As you probably know by now, this year we are celebrating twenty years of the Aquaracer (Aquaracer@20) and each month I have asked a different person to choose their top ten from the entire range. We've already had submissions for BPSmith, Jim Dollare$, Imagwai, Abrod520, Shane Paradis, Albert AMG and ThingzIliketoo and this month it's the turn of my wife (Rose) to pick her favourites. Naturally she started with the three she owns (which I have to admit are pretty damn cool, so fair play there), and seven more she picked out while perusing the TAG Heuer Enthusiast Gallery

I mean, I have six Aquaracers, so quite why she needed to go looking elsewhere I really don't know.... and I'm not at all upset that she didn't pick a single one of mine. 

No, not at all. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft!

Here then are her top ten...


10. WAY1112.BA0928  Blue Dial Quartz 
 
ROSE "I understand some might find this a little surprising since this is quite a plain and 'entry-level' looking watch, but I find it classically beautiful and the split blue dial adds interest and makes it stand out from the current models..."



9. WAF211R.BA0806 'The Bahamas' Teal Dial Quartz 

ROSE "I'm a little unsure whether this colour is truly representative of the actual watch as Rob has just shown me a photo and it looks much bluer. Even so, this is very attractive and I love the dolphin on the dial. I suppose it would be more meaningful if I had any intention of visiting the Bahamas, but it's still quite aesthetically pleasing regardless."



8. WBP201F.BA0632 Orange Dial Calibre 5 Automatic

ROSE "While I didn't pick any of Rob's Aquaracers for my list, I believe one of the COCO members (Ben) has this particular model. This is one of the best looking orange dial watches I've seen but even if it was small enough for me to wear it still has a Calibre 5 movement so I probably wouldn't bother. Nice to look at though."



7. WAP1111.BA0831 Silver Dial Quartz

ROSE "I chose this one off Rob's 'Gallery' blog, and I thought it was a ladies watch such is the simplicity of it. But apparently it's actually a man's watch (40mm dia), but I really like the plain silver dial and the polished baton hour markers. Just seems like a watch that would be perfect for any occasion."



6. WBP231K.BA0618 Turquoise / Diamonds Calibre 5 Automatic

ROSE "I have tried this on a couple of times and I absolutely love the dial, unfortunately it's too big (36mm) for my tiny wrists. I really wish they would make this in a proper ladies size (30-32mm), I don't understand why ladies watches are getting bigger and bigger, it's quite annoying."



5. WBP2450.FT6215 Two Tone Blue / Diamonds Calibre 9 Automatic

ROSE "This is the watch that I scored a '3' from the pictures and then changed it to a '9' when I saw it in person. This is a really beautiful watch that I would buy in a heartbeat if only it had a quartz movement. Like most women I don't want the hassle of an automatic (the only one I have is the watch that broke, of course) I just want to put it on and go, especially something like this that I'm not going to wear day in day out. Actually, it's rather expensive too, I would have settled for a gold plated bezel insert to be honest."



4. WBP231G.FT6226 - Teal Dial / Diamonds Calibre 5 Automatic

ROSE "Again I love the rich colour and how they've matched it to the cool rubber strap, but again at 36mm it's far too big (and thick) for my slender wrists."
 


3. WAY1355.BH0716 - Black/Rose Gold Full Ceramic Quartz

ROSE "A recent addition to my collection (sourced at a tremendous discount from Bicester Village no less), the combination of rose gold and black ceramic is elegant without being flashy and despite its 35mm size wears well even on me. Prior to this I bought a two tone Aquaracer with a blue dial and I just couldn't get on with it, for a while I thought gold was not for me but then Rob showed me this and I was sold."



2. WAF141X.BA0824 - 'Swiss' Limited Edition Quartz

ROSE "I fell in love with this the first time I saw it and it's a very meaningful watch for me, not just because of the special dial featuring names of Swiss towns (including Zurich which we went to a few years ago), but also because it was my 25th wedding anniversary present from Rob. It was also the watch I wore when we visited Geneva / Gruyeres / La Chaux de Fonds (including to the TAG Heuer factory) in 2018. This picture does it no justice at all though!"



1. WBD1316.BA0740 - Green / Diamond Dial Quartz

ROSE "The gem of my collection, with the most beautiful green dial of any watch I've ever seen. This was my 50th birthday present from Rob. which happened to coincide with the early weeks of the pandemic lockdown - yay for me! I know Rob really wanted the men's one and we couldn't find one anywhere. At the time we thought the ladies version might be quite hard to get too so we secured it a few months earlier than really necessary... but it turned out to be available for quite a while in the end. This watch really is perfect." 


Well there we have it, and I must say I would be hard pressed to find three better ladies Aquaracers than the ones Rose has; all three of them are top notch and it's difficult to even put them in order. The green dial is stunning, the black and gold one is super cool and the Swiss Limited Edition is very unique and special. 

Click the banner below to check out all the other 'Aquaracer@20' posts including all the 'Top 10 Aquaracer' posts I mentioned above.



No comments:

Post a Comment