Tuesday 1 October 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 2000 & Kirium Series Catalogues


I found another two TAG Heuer catalogues on eBay last week, both in excellent condition and both listed at £29.95. I thought that was a bit steep to be honest, so I tried a cheeky offer of £15 each and my offers were accepted straight away. The seller dispatched quickly and two days later they were in my grubby paws, and right enough they are in fantastic condition. The 2000 catalogue even still has it's transparent dust cover and all the transparent pages inside are intact (and there are quite a few of them).




I presumed the picture of the Kirium with the red leather strap was a woman's watch, and it is, but there is another picture in the catalogue whose part number identifies it as a 36mm, which means it was probably sold as 'Unisex' or 'Boys' originally. Oddly both have the same part number for the red leather strap which confuses me a little, since surely if the cases are different sizes then how will it fit? I quite like the idea of a Kirium on a red leather strap, even if it is a bit 80s retro, but while the watch is easily found on a bracelet, I don't much fancy a 36mm watch and finding one of those straps would be a challenge I'm sure (then again maybe TAG Heuer still have some NOS?).







The 2000 catalogue isn't quite as exciting as the Kirium one, but it is presented very nicely (with the aforementioned transparent pages) and has some nice pictures. Of course you don't need to own the catalogues to be able to view them, as David at Calibre 11 has already added both of these to his online catalogue collection (links below)

https://www.calibre11.com/catalogues/tag-heuer-series-catalogues/1995-2000-series-catalogue/

https://www.calibre11.com/catalogues/tag-heuer-series-catalogues/1997-kirium-series-catalogue/

No comments:

Post a Comment