Wednesday 2 October 2019

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 (WAY201M)

WAY201M.FC6474

This is another one that Hodinky Koscom leaked a while ago, but now that it's on the TAG Heuer website I guess we can finally talk about it. Details are sketchy, the website claims the strap is alligator, but also that the watch has a diving extension (that seems extremely unlikely...). It also says the dial is black gold, which is interesting and presumably goes some way to explaining the price, which is £650 higher than what me might call a 'standard' Calibre 5 Aquaracer.

The website 'Rattrapante.com' are listing this as a ladies watch, but at 43mm that's more than a little unlikely. The bezel is ceramic and appears to be either black or dark grey, as does the dial. I doubt TAG Heuer would fit a black dial watch with a brown strap, so I'm going to assume it is in fact grey.

Again at the moment we are limited to this one picture, so it's hard to draw conclusions but this one looks quite agreeable. I wasn't sure about the colour combination when I first saw it but I think it's growing on me, it will certainly be interesting to see one of these in real life and get a handle on what's going on with it and why it's priced so high compared to every other Calibre 5 Aquaracer out there...

The WAY 201M is priced at £2400 and is available on the TAG Heuer website.

No comments:

Post a Comment