Friday 13 January 2017

SPOTLIGHT ON: Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph Baja 1000 Limited Edition


CV2A1H.BA0796

Oh my good gawd... this is interesting. Made as a limited edition of 400 pieces to commemorate the Baja 1000 off-rad race which takes place in Mexico's Baja California Peninsula, this TAG Heuer Carrera has a particularly unique look. Information is extremely hard to come by, but the dial is described on one page as 'beige coloured', so despite it looking like gold it clearly isn't (actually I never thought it was actual gold).

I'm torn on this one. My head says 'hell no, that is disgusting', but my heart says 'it is, but it's kinda cool'. Not sure about the significance of the red '22', but it's a nice splash of colour on the dial. Can't help feeling (wait for it) that this would look nice on rubber, or some other kind of black strap, I think it would set the dial off better than a stainless bracelet, but that's just me.


I managed to find one that was for sale on eBay last year for $3567, which featured this photo. It's interesting how different it looks in this picture, the dial looks much less gold and more yellow/beige, I imagine this is probably more realistic. Assuming it's genuine of course, because the TAG logo looks different on this one than the one above...

No comments:

Post a Comment