Friday 13 January 2017

ON THE WRIST: Monaco Calibre 12 Chronograph ACM Limited Edition 2012

CAW211K.FC6311

TAG Boutique / Bicester Village - 26th September 2016

Truth be told I only had this on my wrist for just a minute or two. A friend and I visited the TAG boutique at Bicester Village to see if we could find a watch for him to buy. He came into some money and was looking for a TAG to spend it on, but in the end he ended up blowing every single penny of his inheritance on a Tudor Pelagos LHD (which he took delivery of the other day).

On this trip my friend was experiencing the TAG boutique for the first time and was rather taken with the Monaco CAW211C.FC6241 which he tried on for ages. In all honesty it looked too big on his skinny wrist (I know what you are thinking but the Pelagos looks fine), and while he was faffing about with that one I picked this one up off the counter and slipped it on.

I can't remember how much this one was going for, but it can't have been more than £3000 because my friends budget at the time was around the £2000+ mark, but yet Steffans are listing this at £4850 currently on their website. Seems like I may have missed a huge bargain here...!

Limited to 1200 pieces, this is a very cool looking Monaco with just the right amount of colour on the dial. Not too sure how I feel about the crest on there, I think I'd prefer it if it was just on the caseback to be honest. This watch also features one of those slightly synthetic looking straps that I don't really get on with, but at least it has some nice orange stitching to compliment the second hand. It's certainly a lot nicer than the previous ACM model which I tried on at the Bicester boutique on another trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment