Monday 16 January 2017

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Carrera Drive Timer (Red Bull Edition)


Hot off the presses from SIHH in Geneva, this is (apparently) a new Carrera 'Drive Timer' Red Bull, and I rather like it! I'm not entirely sure about the blue strap, but assuming it's going to be available in a black strap, this looks pretty neat. I really like the addition of the 'minute' markers in white, it gives the watch a really different aesthetic to the original skeleton, and the red highlights look great too.

I'd have to see it in the flesh to check that blue bezel, but here it looks great, the only problem for me is that I just can't justify buying another Heuer 01 Carrera even if it does look quite different. One thing though, for me this looks a lot better than those 43mm solid dial Heuer 01 Carreras that TAG released last year, definitely (another) step in the right direction.

Ah well, it's early days, who knows what other variations there might be by the time it gets into the stores...

No comments:

Post a Comment