Tuesday 19 June 2018

SPOTLIGHT ON: Ladies Kirium Quartz Blue Dial

WL131F.BA0710

Clearly, not all Kiriums are created equal, some are definitely intrinsically nicer than others and this blue dial version is right up there for me. I happened upon this watch on eBay a few weeks ago and I really thought my wife would go for it, especially as the asking price of £280 seems very reasonable to me. The seller was open to offers, but turned down an offer of £250 and my wife decided not to pursue it any further.


I can't quite fathom the idea that it's worth losing a watch for the sake of £30 myself, but there you go. She's obviously not quite as obsessed as I am. But clearly the market agrees with her as the watch went unsold and has popped up back on eBay once again for the same asking price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ladies-Tag-Heuer-Kirium-Sapphire-Blue-WL131F-BA0710/323304344950

I think this is a stunning watch and if I thought for one second I could wear a 29mm watch on my 7.3/4" wrist then I'd buy it myself!

As I've said before, I think the brushed Kiriums generally look better than the polished ones, but for a ladies watch with a jewel blue dial it makes total sense. I think my wife has some reservations about the watch because the photographs show up a lot of surface scratches, but to be honest I bet they aren't as bad as they look in the pics. Polished watches always seem to photograph quite badly, but you should still be aware that a lot of polished Kiriums have been worn as beaters... sometimes I wonder what sort of person buys a polished luxury watch and then wears it to their day job breaking rocks?

This particular example comes with all the (correct period) boxes and a warranty card, albeit the card seems to have some very odd marks on it, it looks like it says TAG Heuer Malaysia - but it looks like its been punched into the plastic, which looks a bit strange, but maybe that's how they do things over there?


Again, I can't vouch for the seller, but she has very good feedback, I think I'll give the wife one more look and see if I can't persuade her to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment