Wednesday 2 December 2020

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Aquaracer 'Qatar' Limited Edition Calibre 7 GMT Aquaracer

WAY201U.BA0927

Better late than never I suppose... I really thought I had written about this watch, and yet a thorough search of the blog using various labels and search terms draws a complete and utter blank! I am perplexed!


So anyway, what we have here is a very cool and very unusual Aquaracer indeed. Limited to just 200 pieces and sold exclusively through 'Al Majed Jewellers' in Qatar, this is a Calibre 7 GMT with a unidirectional rotating bezel inspired by the colours of the national flag and featuring Hindu-Arabic numerals.


The watch apparently has an engraving of the Doha skyline on the backplate, unfortunately despite much searching I have been unable to come up with a photo of this. I can tell you that the watch is powered by an ETA 2982-A2 (or Selita SW300) with a 46 hour power reserve, is 43mm in diameter and in my humble opinion it looks fantastic!


I also managed to find a promotional video on Vimeo for this watch, and also another one for another watch I've never heard of:

QATAR LIMITED EDITION AQUARACER PROMO VIDEO:

KUWAIT LIMITED EDITION AQUARACER PROMO VIDEO:

I managed to track down a listing for this watch and procured a photo from there, as you can see this one is also limited to 200 pieces:


In addition to this, there was also a quartz 'Kingdom of Saudi Arabia' Limited Edition Aquaracer released in 2019, this was also restricted to 200 pieces:



FURTHER READING:

https://almajedgroup.me/tag-heuer-announces-the-first-qatar-limited-edition/


No comments:

Post a Comment