Sunday 12 November 2023

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02T 'Chinese' Limited Edition Tourbillon

CAR5A8AH.FC6531

A bit late to the party on this one, as this apparently came out back in April... but I only stumbled across it the other day while looking for pictures of another very limited Chinese edition (not yet written about but which also came out at the same time). These 45mm tourbillons are very Marmite it seems and since they've stayed pretty much the same since their release several years ago all we seem to get are various gaudy decorations in small quantities made to appeal to the Eastern markets. 


Personally I don't mind this too much, though the green is very in your face and perhaps the green strap is a step too far? A nice black strap with green stitching might have been a better bet, or better yet both so you could swap them out depending on how 'fabulous' you were feeling that day. As is par for the course these have a DLC coated titanium case with forged carbon lugs and bezel, which isn't particularly novel anymore but it still looks pretty cool.


It looks like it comes in an impressive box too, judging by the photo at the top of the page, but sadly if this is piquing your interest only fifteen of these have been produced and I should imagine they've been sold by now given they've been on the market for six months. 

Okay, given previous LE tourbillons we've seen I have a feeling this isn't going to be overly popular with the Council, but let's see...



  


8/10 "Super cool, a strong 8/10 from me."

3/10 "Distinctive. Looks like a salamander."

4/10 "Looks tacky - which kind of defeats the purpose of such an expensive watch…"

7.5/10 "This is a great looking watch, love the green they have gone with and seems to matches the strap perfectly. Just wish the hands were more legible and the TAG logo is almost invisible. Shame I may never see one though."

2/10 "I have no words."

4/10 "Sorry, this one is definitely not my cup of tea. I'm not a fan of skeletons, TAG's swirly looking carbon and especially this shade of green. It makes the green accents look very plastic & toy like. Put it all together and it's less than the sum of its parts."

7/10 "I quite like this, makes a nice change from the vintage tat we’ve had recently."

5.5/10 "I usually love green details on a watch but for some reason it doesn't look great overall. I think possibly the green strap (which looks horrible) is too much and cheapens the total look. Maybe it would be better with a black strap."

4/10 "There must be a market for it..."

8/10 "I like green colour and I am sure this would look good in flesh but I am just surprised if anyone still going for this after series of rather interesting (vintage inspired) Carrera release."

7/10 "I love carbon and I really like the green too. Pricey, but what Tourbillon isn’t?"

4/10 "Have the Tourbillons ever been updated design wise? I am not impressed...."

5/10 "I can manage 5/10, but it doesn't look great."

8.5/10 "I love the modular 45mm case of the original Heuer 02 Tourbillon, and I like this green / black / carbon combo, so it’s a 8.5/10. Just the lizard style strap is not for me, but I like its colour matching the dial."

6/10 "The watch is cool on its own but the green accents kill it for me. I don't like the green colour choice for the watch at all."

4/10 "Not keen on any of the visual aspects of this. Personally glad TH seem to moving away from these designs."

6/10 "Colours ok but not the rest."

8/10 "I like the strap. The green in the dial looks a little plasticky."

No comments:

Post a Comment