Sunday 9 October 2016

BUYING EXPERIENCE: BT0702 Strap for 2000 Series (WK1110)


As detailed in the previous post, I really struggled with the bracelet on my 2000 Series WK1110 and decided to purchase a rubber strap. As with everything these days, my first port of call was the internet and with some difficulty I managed to find some available at widely varying prices (£90 - £300), though whether they were all genuine TAG Heuer products is open to question.

In the end I elected to buy from an AD and rang Goldsmiths in Leicester. The price was £140, but at least I knew I wasn't buying some Chinese knock off that was going to give me a rash up to my elbow. A few weeks later I received a call and went to pick up my strap. The guy in the shop took my watch away and then came back with it on the most hideous strap I've ever seen in my life and one which clearly did not belong on the WK1110, nor did it fit. Not only that but the strap was covered in a sort of white powder which I presume was where the strap had reacted with something, or was just so old that it was oxidizing.


Frankly, while it was a little bit annoying that they had ordered in a BT0207 strap rather than a BT0702 by mistake, it was far more annoying that the guy thought it looked fine and that he was happy to present a strap in such a poor state to me and charge me £140 for it. In the event I didn't need to address the issue of the condition, because it was the wrong strap anyway. He didn't look too happy when I told him that either!

Thankfully when the correct strap did finally arrive it was without blemish and fitted perfectly and looked fantastic. Sure it was expensive, but the branding on both pieces of the strap and the clasp really made it look the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment