Wednesday 26 October 2016

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Link Lady Black Ceramic Quartz

WBC1390 / WBC1391

A first for the blog today, this is of course a ladies watch and perhaps the perfect solution for those who liked the looks of Cara Delevingne's signature piece, but were horrified when they saw how big it was (41mm - which is well oversized for a woman's watch, 'boyfriend watch' fad or not).

My personal interest in this is because my wife owns three TAG Heuers of her own, and she's currently contemplating an Omega Constellation 123.15.27.20.01.001 with a black face, stars and diamonds.


I must admit the dial is nice and the diamonds around the bezel look good, but for me I'm not sold on the strap. I'm not sure that she is either to be honest, and every time we see one the bracelet seems to be scratched, which is a bit of a worry. I wonder if it's partly because the links are so 'flat', does that leave them more liable to damage?

Personally I think she should at least see the Link Lady Black Ceramic before making a decision. The Link bracelet has a reputation for being one of the most comfortable available and the gold hands and markers look fantastic against the blacked out mother of pearl dial, while the diamonds can't fail to look spectacular against the black ceramic case. The ceramic, incidentally, is available in either a polished (WBC1390) or matte (WBC1391) finish (I think the polished will sell better, but then maybe not once you actually get to see them properly).

Both the TAG Heuer and the Omega are quartz movements with a date function, so nothing much to choose there and they are both fairly similarly priced. I guess it's just a question of taste. For me the TAG is the obvious choice, but I know she loves the stars on the Omega...

No comments:

Post a Comment