Tuesday 11 October 2016

SPOTLIGHT ON: Carrera Calibre 7 Twin Time

WAR2011.BA0723

It must be said that 'dress' watches (if indeed that is what this is) are not usually at the top of my list. The things that ring my bell are usually sporty or dive watches, with splashes of colour on the crown or second hand and chronographs are always good too. 

But occasionally I will see something that tickles my fancy and this one I happened to see in a local jewellers and rather liked it. There's something about white faced watches, very often they can look rather dull and uninteresting, but when they are done right (as this one is) they look rather spectacular. It reminds me a little of the Grand Seikos that everyone else seems so enamoured of, but without the naff logo or the badly positioned power reserve indicator...

Admittedly I don't need a GMT watch at all, and I haven't looked to see if TAG make something similar without that particular function, but the aesthetics of the GMT are rather nice and the touch of red on the GMT hand is perhaps one of the things which drew me to this watch in the first place.

To be completely honest, this photo doesn't do it justice at all, so let's try another one...


Well I guess it's a bit better, but it still really doesn't wow me like the real thing does in the window. This is a pretty simple looking watch and it's the quality of the finish which really hits you when you see it up close. I think, against all odds really, that this one is going to have to be added to my list of potential 'next purchases', it really is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment