Friday 28 October 2016

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Carrera Calibre 1887 Chronograph Nendo Time Machine Limited Edition


CAR2A14.BA0799

Limited to 250 pieces and only available in Japan, this Carrera is 43mm and houses the Calibre 1887 movement. Ostensibly the only difference between this and the standard CAR2A10.BA0799 is the addition of the elaborate red hands. So there's little to say about this particular model save to decide if you like the hands or not?

I'm kind of undecided. When I first saw them I thought they were fairly horrific, I mean they don't exactly look like they belong, do they? But as time has passed, I've kind of come to terms with them. I don't know that I'll ever really love them, but I kind of admire their quirky charm, 


Looking into this further, I was intrigued to learn that the watch comes in some pretty cool packaging, a book style box that includes a paper knife and a bookmark based on the shape of the hands (see link below). Pretty neat! Yes, this is definitely growing on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment