Monday 24 October 2016

FIRST IMPRESIONS: Formula One Quartz Chronograph - Watch Gallery Exclusive Limited Edition

CAZ101A.BA0842

Here's a novelty, TAG Heuer have teamed up with The Watch Gallery to produced a limited edition of 200 pieces of this black dial Formula One quartz chronograph. As far as I can tell there's nothing massively different from the standard CAZ1014.BA0842 model, it seems it's purely down to aesthetics and personal preference. For what it's worth I think the black and blue looks quite stylish, a little bolder than the blue/blue/blue/orange of the standard model which is okay but a little insipid for my tastes. Needless to say if I bought this it would soon end up on a nice black rubber strap.

I can't find a photo of the back of the watch, so I can't tell whether there is any marking to justify the extra £100 on the list price. I can't find any mention of this being a 'numbered' limited edition so I assume it isn't. If not it's a bit of a shame, because that would make this quite attractive to the collector.

This is presumably the ideal watch for people who like the colour scheme of the GMT (but don't want a GMT) or the David Guetta special edition (but are too embarrassed to buy one...)

Price is £1250 and is presumably only available from The Watch Gallery.


No comments:

Post a Comment