Monday 31 October 2016

SPOTLIGHT ON: Aquaracer Quartz Caribbean Islands Limited Edition


WAP1121.BB0832

This one was limited to 500 pieces and appears to be a 39mm (although I have seen it listed as 41mm). I don't usually go for gold watches and even less steel and gold, however the blue dial looks fantastic with the gold bezel, hands and markers.

This is exactly the sort of watch you see in the TAG boutiques (though I haven't seen this particular one) and it always strikes me that unless you have been to the place on the dial or have some connection with it, it would be a bit lame to buy it. I've never been to the Caribbean so for me this isn't really ticking any boxes, but this one is at least nicely done.

Retail on this one was about $2100 (Jomawere selling for $1575 but it's showing as out of stock), which is quite steep for a quartz model, but I suppose you are paying for the gold - which seems to add a disproportionate amount to any watch. Seriously, I've seen watches that are £6000 in steel and £18000 in rose gold and I really do wonder how that can possibly be justified. 

Again if this was to turn up in a boutique around the £1500 mark it would be quite attractive but I think there's plenty of other things that would make a better buy.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/tagheuer/rare-aquaracer-caribbean-limited-edition-26-of-500-watch--id2824047.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment