Saturday 15 October 2016

SPOTLIGHT ON: Fomula One Calibre 16 Automatic Chronograph

CAU2012.FT6038

Hard to believe that I almost completely forgot about this particular watch, especially as I've been lusting after it for so long. Isn't it gorgeous? That orange chapter ring looks fantastic and the little orange stripe on the crown just sets the whole thing off perfectly. In fact pretty much everything about this watch looks great to me, and yet...

I haven't seen one anywhere. I just can't find one to try on, to look at. I see them on eBay and some online retailers, but without being able to see one, I just can't buy it on the off chance. The other thing is that it has a silver steel clasp, which not only looks a little bit odd, but also I think the clasp is probably the same kind as came on my WAH1110-0 (albeit probably a 22mm rather than a 20mm). That in itself is not a deal breaker, I am prepared to replace the strap with a buckle variant, even if the the buckle is silver, that's not the issue. But I really need to see one close up, there's just no telling if this watch looks as good on the wrist as it does in the pictures. And it really does look good in the pictures...

The more I look at this picture the more I think this has just gone straight back to the top of my list of potential next purchases. I've always liked watches with a decent amount of colour on them and the orange and black combination is about as cool as it gets. Everything on that dial seems to pop perfectly, the white TAG Heuer logo, the date, the silver markers, I wouldn't change a thing on that dial. Wow, I really love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment