Monday 28 May 2018

SPOTLIGHT ON: Grand Carrera Chronograph (Blue Dial) CAV511F

CAV511F.BA0902

As much as I love my new Calibre 8 Grand Carrera GMT, there's still a part of me that wants a GC Chronograph somewhere down the line, and more specifically I'd really like to get my hands on one particular model, the blue dialed CAV511F.

Unfortunately, it's a limited edition model made for the Japanese market, with only 300 pieces produced, which is a bit disheartening. But on a more positive note Mark Worthington jewellers in Manchester have had one pass through their books and the listing is still visible on their website, which suggests there's at least one in the UK (hopefully).



Until I bought my 6000 Series I didn't really get this whole 'blue dial' thing, indeed... I didn't even know it was a blue dial until I got it as the listing described it as black! But now, on certain watches, I get it, and this Grand Carrera is one such watch. I don't mind the black dial, but I do think this dial gives it something a bit extra special and makes the red highlights pop even more.


This really is one beautiful looking watch, and it's kind of annoying that something as simple as a blue dial version is such a limited edition... but from what I've read, until recently blue dials weren't all that fashionable, so they weren't produced as a kind of default option the way they are now. Oh well, I guess that will only make it all the more special when I finally get hold of one - if I can get hold of one.

Because undoubtedly this is right at the very top of my 'WANTED' list... although to be honest I'm not quite sure what else would be on that list just now. I've already bought a lot of watches this year and feel I've come to a point where I need to consider my next purchase carefully. I'm very happy with my collection as it stands, but after losing a considerable wad of cash on my Calibre 16 F1, I want to make sure I make the right choices in the future. As far as that goes I think the CAV511F is a pretty safe bet, and if one becomes available I will definitely be very interested...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turns out there is one of these for sale on eBay, but from a Japanese seller (no surprise there I suppose), unfortunately, while it looks in very good condition the price is £3250 (which is probably quite fair - but I don't currently have that sort of money to blow on a watch), and presumably there would be some pretty hefty taxes to pay on top of that as well.


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have one available if you are interested by an exchange. my mail : anes@anes.be

    Regards,

    Anes.

    ReplyDelete