Monday 20 May 2019

FEATURE: Some Photographs from a Recent Visit to TAG Heuer at Bicester Village


I've got a bit behind on my posts, I've still got several to write based on my trip to London in March and I also have a bunch of photographs I took on a recent visit to Bicester. Since the stock moves so quickly at Bicester, it's probably not really the best use of time to write about those watches too much as some of them I've spoken about before and they may not even be available any more (some of them were there last time I visited though). So I thought what I'd do is rather than discard the photos, I would dump them on you in one big lump and at least then I can clear one of the (many) folders that are littering my desktop!



I've reviewed the white dial / blue hands version of this Carrera previously. It features the same beautiful Guilloche dial, and looks very smart. Think I prefer the white dial version though...


Which was also still available. Admittedly this isn't one of my better photos, but this is the worst one you'll see today - I promise!


I've tried the PVD case / gold bezel 500M Calibre 5 Aquaracer on a few times and I do really like it. I was surprised to see that the steel case version had sold last time I visited, I think the black and gold version looks so much nicer!


If you like cufflinks, then TAG Heuer Bicester is the place to be. They have quite a selection, which almost makes me wish I had a shirt that was suitable to use them with.


Another watch I have commented on before, this is the Cameron Diaz limited edition Link that originally came in a box with a ring and a necklace. Now these are being sold on their own at a slightly reduced price.


Ladies who love white ceramic Formula 1s have a lot to chose from, this is just a couple of the available options...


A couple of SLRs, including a white dial Calibre S on the right.


Unsurprisingly, this Calibre 16 Aquaracer was gone when I returned to Bicester the other day. This kind of stock is exactly the sort of thing that flies out of the door within a day or two of arrival. And it's not hard to see why... this one was down from £3350 to £2345.



Not really my thing, but I understand these Heuer dashboard timers are very popular.


A very nice Calibre 45 grand date Aquaracer chronograph which I tried on, but my wrist shot photos were terrible so I haven't included them here.


This Calibre 16 Aquaracer 500M in full PVD with lime green markers has always been a favourite of mine. Maybe one of these days I'll add one to my collection.


I've tried both of these Calibre 36 Carreras on before. These dropped significantly a few years ago when TAG Heuer adjusted the list prices, the black 'Racing' version on the right used to be about £8,000!



A couple of classic Carreras for those who prefer the retro look, again not really my thing although I can still appreciate them even if they aren't a style I would choose to wear myself.


A couple of petite ladies Aquaracers, the one on the right is interesting, it is a limited edition Swiss anniversary watch and features the outline of Switzerland on the dial in red.


What better way to start your wife/girlfriend on their own watch collecting journey, this classic, elegant Carrera is sure to be gratefully received!


Bicester seems to be enjoying a glut of Grand Carreras at the moment, if you're in the market then check them out first, they have a lot of different models available.


Another shot of the Cameron Diaz Link, this time alongside a diamond bezel Lady Carrera chronograph.


Another Grand Carrera, this time the Caliper version with the yellow highlights and yellow stitched strap.


Again, if bullhead Carreras are your thing, I can't imagine anywhere you will be able to find a better selection.


Out with a bang, still the most expensive watch to pass through the TAG Heuer Bicester Village outlet. You can get this dial colour in steel, but it's a Chinese only limited edition - which my wife happens to have bought from Bicester last year. It goes perfectly with the gold and gives it a distinctly regal flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment