Monday 20 May 2019

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 'CSL' Limited Edition

WAY201E.BA0927

When I first came across these photographs I really thought this was a fake, but after some digging I found some photographs taken at the launch party and so it turns out this is actually a genuine limited edition Aquaracer made in honour of the CSL (Chinese Soccer League). To be fair, I think it's partly the poor quality pictures that led me to believe it was a bit iffy looking...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't like it as such... at first I didn't, now I'm undecided if anything. But it's cool that TAG have given us something genuinely different rather than just slapping a logo on the dial and a bit of engraving on the back.


I mean, yes, there are similarities to the FA Aquaracer, but with the green and red colour scheme they've really given this piece a look all of it's own. It's a fun watch for sure, again I'm not sure about this idea of one red hand, but I guess it plays into the the whole timing the game with the bezel... which of course you can turn to sync with the start time of the game.

I would say you're unlikely to ever see one of these outside of China, but if recent times have taught me anything it's that the most unlikeliest things can turn up where and when you least expect them. So I'll keep my eyes peeled and see if one appears....

4 comments:

  1. I have a brand new Tag CSL watch. Never been worn and authenticated as genuine. And I live in New Zealand.
    It’s for sale by the way if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an e mail is you still have that watch To sell please.
      michael.raydan@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. I am interested to buy that one. I’m in Australia

    ReplyDelete