Wednesday 13 November 2019

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Carrera Quartz Ladies Watch

WBK1314.FC8261

This year's Baselworld gave quite a lot of leakage, and one of the watches that I've been waiting to turn up ever since is this stunning quartz ladies Carrera. I don't know when it actually came out, it seems to have snuck out sometime when I wasn't looking as if you sort the watches on the TAG website by date it comes quite a way down the page. Still, I'm sure most of you won't have seen it either so I think a 'First Impressions' post is entirely justified!

The watch came to light in a post alongside some other watches that have since come out and some that are still seemingly dormant (WAY 101K and WAY101L where are you?) and the watch was also featured in this video which was posted to You Tube on the 22nd of March 2019 by 'Sorelle Ronco Gioielleria Orologeria'.


The watch is 36mm in diameter and features a very unusual textured dial made up of tiny triangles, which I really like. In fact I would very much like to see this dial in a men's Carrera, maybe in a darkish blue or even in this plum colour as I don't think it's too feminine for a man to wear. I mean, maybe they could change the strap, but the dial is fine as it is.

One other unusual feature I noticed on this one was that the date window is shaped a little to flow with the dial, in other words it's longer on the right side than the left so it is not a square as such. Maybe this is something new or maybe not, but it's certainly the first time I have noticed it on a watch.

The WBK1314 is available on the TAG Heuer website and costs £1650.

No comments:

Post a Comment