Friday 14 September 2018

NOT BUYING EXPERIENCE: White Dial Quartz Kirium Update...

WL1110.BA0700

Just an update on this little saga really... you may remember from my previous post that I got the watch and within a few hours it had gained ten minutes, the seller immediately sent me a pre-paid label and that was the end of that.

Well, the seller contacted me to say that the watch was working fine as far as he was concerned... which made me think, in hindsight maybe what I should have done was set it right again and tested it more thoroughly. But then, if you buy something and it appears to be faulty you kind of want to return it as soon as possible don't you?

I was very polite and apologetic, that perhaps it could be me... did I undo the crown again at some point and maybe move the hands accidentally - I don't remember doing that, but possibly. Except that still doesn't explain why the watch was ten minutes fast when it arrived.

Part of me felt like saying that if the watch genuinely was working properly then send it back, but to be honest I would never trust that watch and the date wheel bugged me too. So in the end he was getting a little bit annoyed about it so I sent him £20 to cover all the postage costs he had incurred. He will get a final value credit anyway, and eBay is wall to wall free listing at the moment, so he's definitely not out of pocket and could still send a second chance offer to the bidders who didn't win.


Once I'd sent the money he accepted that I had acted in good faith and that I wasn't just making it up because I didn't want the watch - which wasn't the case at all, and we parted on good terms. All in all that little adventure cost me £28, what with the links I had put in and taken out... which is a little annoying, but not the end of the world and cheap to get out of (what I still believe to be) a faulty watch.

I would love to know exactly what the problem is with the watch, a couple of times I sort of thought I saw the minute hand move, but thought I must be imagining it, but now I'm not so sure. If it was a mechanical watch I would suggest the movement was magnetized, but as far as I know that problem doesn't really affect quartz pieces anything like as badly (if at all), so I really don't know what it could be.

Never mind, it's done now... and I'm back on the hunt for an S/EL.

No comments:

Post a Comment