Saturday 22 September 2018

ON THE WRIST: Lady Link Ceramic Diamond Bezel Bella Hadid Limited Edition

WBC1394.BH0745

TAG Heuer Boutique / Geneva, 20th September 2018

The Geneva boutique was quite a bit smaller than I expected, about half the size of the London one I would say, but it did have a decent selection of watches, and in particular it seemed to have a fair number of ladies watches, including this limited edition Bella Hadid Lady Link Ceramic. Now obviously I didn't try this on, my good lady wife did - and she rather liked it!

I seem to remember when this first was announced it wasn't a Bella Hadid edition, so I don't know whether that was something that was decided between announcement and release or whether there was another piece that came out that was very similar, but I remember showing the picture to my wife and saying it was only being released in the Far East. Perhaps I should go back and see if I can find something in a QP to support that, but equally I could waste a lot of time trying to find something that was actually on an internet site...

And I guess it's not that important, the main thing is it's here now and currently retailing for a not inconsiderable £4850 - which is quite a lot for a quartz watch let's be honest. The matt black ceramic is probably not going to be to everyone's tastes, it's a bit Marmite and amusingly until my wife tried it on she actually thought it was rubber! 

However, when she actually tried it on, she liked it better than the polished version (not currently available with a diamond bezel it seems) and she also commented that she thought the black mother-of-pearl dial works very well. Previously she's not been a fan of the m.o.p. dials, especially if they come in wishy-washy colours (which they often tend to...). 

The watch is 32mm in diameter which is towards the large side for my wife as she has very small wrists, but it looked absolutely fine on her. I believe one of her current watches is 32mm, but that is definitely getting towards the top end of acceptable for her. The clasp is the standard butterfly affair, which leaves a nice clean appearance and utilises pushers on either side to release, while the back carries Bella Hadid's signature and possibly a number out of 500 (though I can't remember seeing it to be honest).

My wife definitely liked this one, but she found the price a bit on the high side for a quartz movement - which it probably is. Yes there's 60 odd diamonds on the dial and bezel, not to mention a ceramic case and bracelet, but nigh on £5,000 is a lot when you consider what else you could get for it. Still, there's only 500 of these out there and I'm sure they won't be appearing in the outlets any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment